Welkom op het Katten Prikbord, een forum voor alles over katten.

Royal Canin - BANNER - 468x60
Hier kunt u zich voorstellen aan de andere prikkers van dit Katten Prikbord.
door hongwei28 do 14 feb 2019, 02:53
Keys to success: Cam Jordan and Saints defensive line “trending” upward as they await the Browns Following yet another opening day L to start the season both Cameron Jordan and Sean Payton gave their thoughts on what lead to a shoddy defensive performance.Now what if I told you those quotes were following the loss to the Vikings LAST YEAR in Week 1 and then pointed out how similar they were to this years assessment?Three years of data going back to 2016 suggest that the Saints defensive line is a notoriously slow starting unit that improves significantly from week 1 to week 2.In 2016 vs the Raiders they produced 0 scks Cheap Drew Brees Jersey , 4 def, and 3 QB hits.They followed that up with a 2 sck, 4 def, 2 QB hit performance. They doubled their sacks and Cam Jordan himself seemed to wake up from his slumber by chipping in with 8 tcks 2.5 for loss, 1 pdef, and a sack after only posting 1 solo tackle and a QB hit against OaklandIn 2017 vs the Vikings it was more of the same.They generated 1 scks, 2 pdef, and 2 QB hits only to come out the next week and double down on every category with 2 scks, 4 pdef, and 4 QB hits vs Tom Brady and the Patriots.Last Sunday vs Tampa Bay the defensive front posted a paltry stat line of 0 scks, 3 pdef, and 2 QB hits that fell right in line with their week 1 modus operandi.That brings us to the Browns and their QB Tyrod TaylorScott R. Galvin-USA TODAY SportsThe last time the Saints faced off against the Browns elusive quarterback(then with the Bills) they generated 2 sacks Cheap Marshon Lattimore Jersey , 5 pass def, and 3 QB hits. Taylor delivered a performance that was so abysmal it got him benched in favor of rookie Nathan Peterman.Ironically enough after joining the Browns #5 is in a similar scenario but with a much higher profile rookie, Baker Mayfield, waiting in the wings.Meanwhile his Offensive Coordinator Todd Haley employs 5 step drops that are designed to attack downfield and Tyrod likes to hold onto the ball. When both factors of that relationship are working this can result in chunk yardage plays but when it’s not it gets your QB beat up. This was not more evident than in last weeks game vs the Steelers as Pittsburgh racked up 7 sacks, 10 pass def, and 11 QB hits of Taylor.While the New Orleans defensive line will find themselves hard pressed to duplicate such a dominant effort, Cleveland’s scheme and QB should give them ample enough chances to try.Now to jump into some burning questions the Saints need to answer heading into Week 2.Which new receiver steps up to claim a role?Derick E. Hingle-USA TODAY SportsNew Orleans has three receivers on the 53 that weren’t there a year ago. Austin Carr, Tre’quan Smith, and Cam Meredith combined for 2 catches and 22 yards on 2 targets in Week 1. Against Tampa Ben Watson proved to be reliable in key situations (the seam route was beautiful) and Ted Ginn continued his potency in the deep threat role most recently occupied by Brandin Cooks.Michael Thomas and Alvin Kamara can’t sustain last weeks production for 16 games so one of the aforementioned players needs to separate from the pack. I expect the picture to be a little clearer after the final whistle on Sunday.Where will the running game come from?Chuck Cook-USA TODAY SportsSean Payton said he “hated that the game got one dimensional”.Drew Brees ended up throwing 45 passes and while the offense put up 40 points it wasn’t because they were balanced.One could even assume that lack of balance lead indirectly to the defensive line seeing 50+ snaps last Sunday.New Orleans has yet to call Boston Scott up from the practice squad hinting that if Payton has a plan to remain balanced it’s going to happen because he trust either Mike Gillislee or Jonathan Williams to get the job done.After a paltry 3.4 yards per carry effort vs Tampa one can only assume the run game has been a point of emphasis this week.Who’s the man in the middle ?Chuck Cook-USA TODAY SportsI get that the Saints are rotating LB’s to figure out who does what best but your Mike LB is the last position that should be unclear in week 2.When asked about it following the game, none of the LB’s seemed to have a clue they’d be rotated the way they were during the game.All responded valiantly with some variation of “I do my job when my number is called” but it’s slightly concerning that the guy who will play next to Davis in over 60% of the snaps hasn’t been chosen yet.Random Thought – Cleveland’s O-line is mushy on the left side after the retirement of Joe Thomas. Marcus Davenport will see more than the 23 defensive snaps he saw against Tampa. Rookie gets the first sack of his NFL career.Though I’d like to have written a section about the secondary I’m going to take Marshon Lattimore’s word that “there’s nothing to panic about” just yet. The defensive line has more draft collateral thrown into it and is the engine that makes the entire train go. I need to see that unit tune things up before I can give an accurate assessment of the defensive backs. Sean Payton vs Gregg Williams is its own storyline but I think New Orleans overcomes their history vs Cleveland.Saints win 30-20 Dallas safety Jeff Heath figures there's a world outside his locker room where people seek comfort in their jobs.The Cowboys are about to get a test of the notion that they're never supposed to get comfortable in their line of work."I think the coaches do a good job kind of keeping us sharp, keeping us on edge," Heath said. "You just have to understand that comes with this game."Before the four-game winning streak that propelled them to sole possession of first in the NFC East http://www.saintscheapshops.com/cheap-authentic-larry-warford-jersey , the Cowboys (7-5) were on the verge of losing touch with the playoff race early for the second straight year.Two games ago, Dallas trailed Washington by a game with the Redskins visiting on Thanksgiving. Now it's the Cowboys with that one-game lead, this time over Philadelphia with the defending champion Eagles (6-6) coming in Sunday.Once the chaser, now the chased. No difference, says quarterback Dak Prescott."We're not necessarily thinking about we're getting chased now," Prescott said Thursday. "Our backs were against the wall a few weeks ago and they haven't changed. This is a team that looks to go out there every week and put that on display every week."Human nature will always suggest otherwise, and the New Orleans Saints might argue that point after their 10-game winning streak was stopped by the Cowboys. Dallas was tied with Washington then, and conventional wisdom gave the Redskins a shot to get back in first place alone.Instead, the Cowboys had their best defensive showing of the season in a 13-10 win over the high-scoring Saints while the Redskins lost another quarterback to a season-ending injury in a 28-13 loss to Philadelphia that left them tied with the Eagles."Nobody's really thinking about a letdown or anything," Cowboys receiver Cole Beasley said. "They're all big. We've got to worry about what we have to do to get better as a team each week and put our best out there. We put our best out there, we'll be fine."While the Eagles have back-to-back wins for the first time this season, the defending champs badly need a third if they want a shot at another Super Bowl.With a victory Cheap Ryan Ramczyk Jersey , Philadelphia would pull even with Dallas and have a season split with a better division record, the first tiebreaker between two teams. Lose, and the Eagles will trail the Cowboys by two games with just three remaining.The Cowboys would counter that they're fighting to maintain control of their playoff fate."We don't have a margin," offensive coordinator Scott Linehan said. "We approach it no different than we did when we were, whatever it was, 3-5. Coach (Jason) Garrett's been obviously talking that every minute of every day."We all need to know that in the NFL, things change quickly, for the better or for the worse, if you don't keep your foot on the gas pedal."Whatever Garrett is sharing with his team, as usual, he's not sharing it publicly."I don't really understand what you're talking about," Garrett said when asked about preaching against any tendency for the team to ease up. "Our backs are to the wall. They're always to the wall and that's how we look at it."Running back Ezekiel Elliott will have something of a personal test to keep things rolling. After 90 touches 鈥?72 carries and 18 catches 鈥?over three games in a 12-day span http://www.saintscheapshops.com/cheap-authentic-benjamin-watson-jersey , Elliott finally had some time to rest. He says he felt the best he has in a while coming into the week.The key is for Elliott to avoid any negative side effects of that feeling. Say, for example, easing up."I mean, honestly, we're in the same position that we were when we were 3-5," said Elliott, who does have the motivation of trying to regain the league rushing lead he lost to Todd Gurley last week. "Having that same mentality, attacking work the same every day."That means not being comfortable at work. Custom Seattle Seahawks Jerseys